January is all about a fresh start, full of hope for betterment and resolutions. At the beginning of a new year, people go around exchanging gifts and partying. Being born in January is all about a brand new beginning. Now, what’s more fun than celebrating the first month of the year with your little one? While you think about that, let’s get down to some fun and amazing facts about babies born in January.
- They are pretty chill: Apparently, the weather works its magic on them. Babies who are born in January are pretty chill. They are less fussy and have almost zero tantrums. They are also less irritable and have fewer mood swings than people born in other months.
- They are more likely to be left-handed: A study conducted by the University of Vienna found that being born in winters and being lefty is correlated. Most men born in January are more likely to be part of the 10% population that uses their left hand primarily.
- They may have a tradition on their names: Ever heard of ‘Baby New Year’? No? Well, it was a tradition started in Ancient Greece which later went popular after the illustrations of Saturday Evening Post. They probably saw the infant as the symbol of American resilience. Therefore they ran the illustration on the cover of their magazine from 1906 to 1943.
- They are really creative: Next time you are stuck on an assignment or a project, ask a January baby to help you out. In research conducted in 2015, it was found that people born in January and February show high levels of creativity and imaginative problem-solving tendencies.
- They are born leaders: An analysis was conducted on the top 500 companies to calculate the birth-month chart. The top 5 CEO-producing months are March (12.53%), April (10.67%), November (10.67%), January (10.13%), and October (9.87%). No matter the field they are in, January babies are born leaders.
- If not CEO, they are either doctors or accountants: Being a doctor or an accountant are the two most common career paths for people born in January. On the other hand, they are least likely to get into real estate.
- Their birthstone is Garnet: Garnets are associated with peace, prosperity, and health. Most think that they are only in red, but these beautiful gemstones come in a variety of shades. According to some legends, January babies who wear garnets can look forward to eternal happiness, health, and wealth.
- They have two birth flowers: Their birth flowers are carnation and snowdrop. Carnations are colorful and good to lift your mood. Their different colors are associated with different meanings. For example, pink carnations are a symbol of friendship, while white and red represent true love. Snowdrops were not considered good in ancient times, as they often grow in graveyards. However, they symbolize hope and beauty.
- They are either Capricorn or Aquarius: People born before January 20 are Capricorns, while people born after that have Aquarius for their sun sign. Capricorns are very independent, disciplined, and organized, often making strong leaders. On the other hand, Aquarians are reportedly in touch with their emotions and have strong humanitarian instincts.
- They are meant to be famous: A study published in the Journal of Social Sciences states that those who have Aquarius for their Zodiac sign, are meant to be famous. So if you know an Aquarius, take some pictures and get them autographed.
January babies also have 4 and 22 as their lucky numbers. Clovers associated with luck also have 4 leaves. Coincidence? We think not. Besides these, they share their birthdays with some of the best world leaders like Martin Luther King Jr., Oprah Winfrey, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Subhash Chandra Bose, Swami Vivekanand, and many more. We told you they are born leaders.
If you have a January Baby or are expecting your munchkin in January, tell us in the comments below.