As kids grow up they tend to crave more snacks between meals. This is because their growing bodies need more energy. As parents, being conscious about your kids unhealthy intake is normal. We all know how kids tend to avoid healthy food but snack time can be a perfect opportunity for you to sneak in some nutritions.
We are not talking about those prepackaged ‘nutritious snacks’ you buy from supermarkets because there is nothing healthy about them. Here are 15 healthy snack options for kids. These are easy to make and kids love them.
- Dipped apples: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well, here is your chance to get your kids to eat apples. Slice them up in wedges and dip them in peanut butter, yogurt or chocolate spread. And you are all good to go.
- Yogurt: With a number of options of flavoured yogurt available in the market, it is easy to get kids their daily dose of Vitamin B12. If you prefer making it at home, it’s easy to do so. There are endless combinations and you will be amazed at how much your kid will love it.
- Fruit Platter: Fruit platters are similar to cheese platters, but with lots of healthy fruits. You can add a number of fruits and serve them with a variety of dips.
- Smoothies: Smoothies are a perfect way to sneak in nutritious food. You can add fruits and green veggies. Your baby will stay full with these nutrition-packed smoothies, and you will stay satisfied.
- Veggie Wraps: Kids love rolled up snacks, which makes these a great way to get them to eat their vegetables. You can experiment with a number of vegetables, cheese, egg and even chicken, if your kid likes it.
- Trail Mix: If your kid avoids eating dry fruits and raisins, this is your chance. Trail mix can be made up of different combinations of nuts, raisins, and dry fruits. Let your kid make up their own combinations.
- Banana Split: It is a snack loved by kids. Split a banana in half and top it with flavoured yogurt. Add nuts, raisins and granola for sprinklers and drizzle some melted peanut butter or chocolate. It is easy to make and packed with nutrients.
- Mini Sandwich: The cute size and mouth watering flavours make this an amazing snack for kids. Try combinations of veggies and cheese to make it savoury or go classic with peanut butter and jam.
- Popcorn: Who doesn’t love popcorn? They are the best snacks of all time. You can easily mix in different flavours and seasonings and viola! The perfect snack. It is packed with energy, crunch and comfort all at the same time.
- Toast Pizza: Kids love pizza. But we all know that the ones available at pizzerias are not so healthy. Therefore, make them at home with toast instead. Add mozzarella cheese and veggies and it is ready in minutes.
- Stuffed Parathas: These have been every kids’ favourite from the minute they try them. You can stuff them with lentils, vegetables and even cheese. Full of flavours and nutritions, they make a great snack.
- Mini Muffins: Your muffin will love these mini muffins. Add berries or make them with banana or carrot, and your kid will want them everyday. You can try almond flour and nut milk to make it more nutritious.
- Granola Bars: Although granola bars are available in the market, they are packed with sugar. You can make your own bars at home with oats, peanut butter, nuts, raisins, dry fruits and honey.
- Sliders: You can call them mini burgers or sliders but these are an epic snack. You can sneak vegetables and meat and you little one won’t even notice. These will keep your baby’s belly full.
- Energy Balls: Easy to make and packed with goodness, energy balls can become a go to snack for your kids. You can also prepare a non-baked version with oats, nuts, peanut butter, chocolate chips, raisins and dry fruits.
With these snacks, you no more have to worry about your kid eating their fruits and vegetables. These are healthy and will keep your little one energized throughout the day.
If you have any healthy snack ideas share them in the comments down below.