Winter brings in the festivals, joy and cuddles for children. But it also brings high chances of catching a cold, cough and fever. Nature has provided us with the ultimate foods that keep our body warm. Including these foods in your diet not only helps with warmth, but also increases immunity and protects against seasonal disease.
Here are some foods that you can give to your baby at the age of ten months old (10+) and above. In the end we have a special food that you can give your baby if they are two months old (2+) and above. Let’s get started:
- Almond Halwa(1 year+): Almonds are naturally warm. They are packed with magnesium and potassium along with Vitamin E. Considering that potassium and magnesium are important for brain health as well as bone health, it is safe to say that your baby can eat it. But not raw or in a nut form. Make halwa with a flowy consistency.
- Dates Pudding (2 years+): Dates are the winter superfood as they provide warmth and are packed with natural sugar and essential vitamins like Vitamin C, Vitamin A, B1 and B2, and so on. In addition, they are high in fiber and good for brain development. Dates Pudding (Kheer), can be given to your baby for warmth as well as good overall development.
- Porridge(10 months+): Porridge can be said to have the best qualities among every other food listed for babies. But this only works good for babies if it is made up of everything mashed and of the consistency of soup. You can include vegetables like spinach, carrot, beetroot, potato.
- Beetroot Halwa(10 months+): Rich in fiber, folate and antioxidants, beetroots are another superfood for winters. These help in cellular development and nourishment. Beetroot halwa can be prepared in different ways, one of them being with dates, (If including dates make sure your baby is 2+ years of age). As everyone has a sweet tooth, your whole family can enjoy the dish along with your baby.
- Soup(10 months+): Soups are the most loved winter cuisines. Everyone enjoys soup on cold winter nights. It is best for your baby due to its liquid consistency and they are rich in vitamins and minerals along with other essential nutrients. You can prepare Carrot Soup, Lentil Soup, Beetroot Soup, and so on.
- Honey-Almond Milk(2 months+): From the cookbook of a grandma, this is one of those recipes that has proven its benefits over the years of motherhood. An almond, a small amount of nutmeg, harar (Terminalia cedula), and a little bit of honey boiled with milk does wonders for a baby of two months and above. Even adults can drink this milk to keep them warm and their immunity stronger throughout winter.
With these recipes up your sleeve we are sure you will be able to keep your baby as well as your family warm and protected against the cold and flu during winters. But before you prepare a diet for your baby make sure to consult your pediatrician. Don’t forget to check for allergies with any of the food listed above. Moreover, keep your baby well covered and bundled up in winter wear for kids. Avoid going outdoors and try shopping online at this online store. They offer the best baby and maternity products along with the best quality.