As far as bottle-feeding is concerned, there’s a learning curve for all parents. However, picking out the perfect feeding bottle, be it for breastmilk or baby formula, can make mealtime a cakewalk for you and your baby. Now, when you enter a store to buy feeding bottles for your little one, don’t be surprised if you feel overwhelmed seeing the variety of options available. You’ll have a lot of questions about the types of bottle available, which type is the best for your baby, what features you should look out for while buying a feeding bottle, etc.
Do not stress over it, because we’ve got you covered. Read ahead to see a breakdown of the different types of feeding bottles available in the market:
- Vented feeding bottles:
These types of bottles come with a built-in tube to avoid the formation of air pockets inside the bottle or in the nipple in order to keep gas at bay. However, these vents can make these bottles relatively harder to clean.
- Standard feeding bottles:
These are traditional feeding bottles that come in glass, plastic, or stainless steel. They are simple in form and are easy to use and clean.
- Wide-neck feeding bottles:
These bottles are short and come with a rather wide neck, and a wide nipple. They are designed to imitate the breasts to offer an experience similar to breastfeeding to your little one. Their wide neck allows for easy cleaning.
- Disposable liner feeding bottles:
These bottles come with a hard plastic shell to hold a pouch of milk. These bottles are easy to clean. However, they are not very nature-friendly.
Now that we have gone over the different types of feeding bottles for you to choose from, it’s time to discuss the important benefits and advantages of bottle-feeding your baby.
- Babies that are bottle-fed need to be fed less often than breastfeeding babies. Since baby formula takes longer for your baby to digest, your baby will be full for a longer duration until the next feeding session.
- Breastfeeding moms often worry that their baby may not have had enough milk. However, if you’re bottle-feeding your baby, you always know what your baby’s milk intake will be.
- Bottle-feeding allows more time for you to rest as anyone can feed the baby with a bottle. Your partner, other children in the family, parents, can all participate and share the time taking care of the baby.
- If you choose to bottle-feed your baby, you can resume your normal life sooner than a breastfeeding mother.
- Breastfeeding can take a toll on your breasts and can be painful at times. Bottle-feeding is a much less painful option and can help avoid dry/cracked nipples.
- Bottle-feeding is also a much more convenient and comfortable method. For mothers who are not comfortable breastfeeding in public, bottle-feeding can be a more convenient option. It can be done at any time, anywhere.
Now that you have all the information needed to pick out the right feeding bottle for your baby and a better understanding of how bottle-feeding is beneficial, you can make the choice with ease. We hope this information proves helpful in making the decision easier for you and your little one. Happy feeding!