A diaper bag is a mother’s best friend, something that a mother never leaves their home without. It’s an item that is at the top of every parent’s baby essentials checklist. Every parent knows that babies are not easy. They need a lot of things to be kept handy when you’re travelling, from diapers to feeding bottles, from bibs to pacifiers, and several other necessities.
There are several different types of diaper bags available in the market for you to choose from:
- Backpack: If you’re a parent who likes to step out for a walk with your baby every now and then, or even travel often, this is the type for you. Whether your baby’s in a stroller, or in a carrier, a diaper backpack will keep your hands free.
- Messenger bag: They’re also quite convenient to carry considering you can manage the weight of the essentials inside. They can be worn over one shoulder or across the body.
- Tote bags: These bags come with two straps and can only be worn on one shoulder. They can be slightly inconvenient, especially if you’re taking your baby out in a stroller as they tend to slip off your shoulder often.
- Traditional bag: This kind of diaper bag is designed keeping in mind all the needs and necessities that a baby may require while travelling. Parents can get the most use out of this bag as it comes with several pockets and compartments. It’s relatively bigger in size and has more space, so parents can even keep their own things in this bag. It’s a perfect bag by all means.
There are a lot of options out there for minimalist moms, practical moms, stylish moms, and so on. Therefore, choose a diaper bag that fits your needs while also matching your style. However, there are certain factors you must consider and certain features you should keep in mind while choosing the right diaper bag for your baby:
- Build and design: Look for a bag that won’t make your shoulders hurt or cause you discomfort of any kind. The bag should have wide straps with soft padding. The design should be practical with a superior finish in terms of efficiency. The stitching and material should be solid enough as to not get destroyed by washing and/or cleaning.
- Storage: The bag should have enough compartments and space for you to store all the baby essentials you’ll be needing on the go. A bag that has an insulated cooler section is highly recommended as you can even store your baby’s milk and formula in the same.
- Weight: The weight of the bag, even without the essentials, should not be too heavy for you to carry along with your baby. If your empty diaper bag weighs about 1.5 kg, chances are it will be heavier when packed. Ensure that the material of the bag is lightweight and convenient to hold when packed.
All mothers have different preferences when it comes to diaper bags. Some mommies like it stylish yet practical, some want bags that serve the purpose, some prefer bags like a clutch, that can carry just the basic essentials. Make a list of factors that you’d like to take into account while buying a diaper bag and go with your gut.