One of the most important tasks on your to-do list as an expecting mother is putting together your baby registry. With a wide variety of baby products present in the markets, and new products launching at a rapid rate, it can get overwhelming trying to figure out what all to add to your baby registry.
Your baby will require quite a lot of baby gear and other products. However, it will not always be easy for you to tell which products are essential must-haves and which are just the basic ones.
To make this task a whole lot easier for you, we have put together a list of must-buy baby products of 2021 that you could add to your baby registry checklist. These baby items will help keep your baby happy, comfy, and healthy in their early months after arrival. Read ahead to find out what they are:
- Mattress: A soft and soothing mattress for your baby’s naptime, that reminds them of your womb.
- Blankets & swaddles: Swaddle blankets that remind your baby of the warmth of your arms to fall asleep in.
- Pacifiers: To help them soothe themselves to sleep in restless times
- Cots and cribs: To provide a safe space and cosy environment for your baby’s comfy nights and keep them from falling over.
- Baby monitor: Top quality monitors to always keep an eye on your baby.
- Feeding pillow: To keep you comfortable as you experiment with different nursing positions.
- Breast pads: To help keep the leakage away from your clothes.
- Nipple creams: To keep your nipples soft, smooth, hydrated, and prevent them from cracking and dryness.
- Car seats: Properly installed for your little one’s safety whenever you’re taking them out in a car.
- Baby rockers: To help soothe and relax your baby when they start to get fussy, so they fall asleep with ease.
- Breastpumps: To efficiently store away your breastmilk for your little one and even save time on busy days.
- Nursing bras: For convenient breastfeeding.
- Feeding bottles: To store breastmilk or baby formula safely for convenient feeding.
- Bibs and burp cloths: For every time your little one spits up, these will come in handy and keep your and your baby’s clothes from getting stained.
- High chairs: A cute seat for your little one at the table where they can freely be messy eaters.
- Stroller: For comfortably strolling about with your little munchkin and keeping the sunlight and the peaking eyes away from them when needed.
- Diaper bag: Filled with diapers and all other baby essentials that you’ll normally need when you’re out or on the go.
- Baby essentials: Diapers, baby wipes, baby talc, and other essentials to go in the diaper bag.
- Baby bath essentials: Baby soaps, shampoos, bubble baths, bath milk, and so on to keep your baby’s delicate skin and hair clean, soft, healthy, and smelling wonderful.
- Towels and changing mats: For drying your baby and changing diapers without soiling your linens.
- Onesies: To keep your baby covered and cosy at all times.
- Socks, caps, and mittens: To keep your baby’s hands, feet, and head toasty warm in the early days when they can’t regulate their own body temperature.
With a new baby on the way, it can be difficult to tell which products are must-haves. At times, it may even seem convenient to use the hand-me-downs of older siblings or cousins or children of friends given to you by close relatives and fellow parents. However, we recommend going for the various new and improved baby products available in the market, designed to make life with babies a whole lot easier for you.